This scheme is aimed at combating bush encroachment in the country. The scheme will enable present land units that are uneconomical to manage to be changed into economical units and increase the capacity or production per hectare of the unit which can provide higher returns. Loans will be available in two forms: loans where manual labour is applied and loans where aerial spraying is to be used. The maximum repayment period is 15 years.
- Applicants must have a clean credit record.
- Applicants can either be full or part time farmers.
- Applicants should be Namibian citizens.
- Applicants must provide a business plan.
- Agribank offers flexible installment options to suit client’s financial needs. The available installment options are: monthly, quarterly, biannual or annual.
- Loans are granted against security of fixed property, investment or any other acceptable form of security (fixed deposits, investments and surrendering value of policies).
- Applicants must provide a quotation from registered supplier/dealer.
- Companies or co-operatives should provide audited financial statements, certificate of registration, association agreement, shareholders or directors of the company and must have a registered Auditing Firm.